When selecting a new gynecologist in the Apple Valley area, there are many things to consider. First and foremost is how long of drive you’ll make to get to the doctor’s office. The next is what types of insurance the gynecologist accepts. Once you’ve got an idea of both of those things, it’s time to interview the doctor to see if they’re a right fit for you.
Here are some questions you should ask your gynecologist:
- “What are the services you recommend for patients like me?” Ask the doctor what types of exams and procedures are right for a woman your age. If you have medical conditions, disclose them and ask how the gynecologist deals with the issue.
- “How private is my medical information?” Although there are laws protecting patient rights, it’s important to know the steps a doctor takes to ensure that his or her patients feel safe and comfortable while having an exam, procedure or surgery done.
- “How long have you’ve been practicing?” This gives you a better idea of the type of experience your doctor brings to the exam table. It’s not an indication of knowledge and skill but mental fortitude, commitment, and devotion.
- “Do you hold any certifications I should know about?” It’s important to know how much education and skill your doctor has as well. It gives you an idea as to what to expect from the services the gynecologist provides.
- “What do you value as a professional?” Female physician, Dr. Wilburn of Genesis Women’s Health Services, makes it clear that her practice is grounded faith. All you have to do is take a look at her website and the description of how she practices to learn about her compassion. She notes that her practice is guided by the spirit of Jesus Christ. All her employees feel as passionate about providing a high level of care to all of Dr. Wilburn’s patients.