Along with a new year comes a list of resolutions geared towards health and happiness. What do you hope to achieve in 2017? Are you hoping to make your health more of a priority?
Staying Healthy for Women in the Upcoming Year
If you are, you’re in luck. Genesis Women’s Health Services offers a range of services that meet your unique needs as a woman. If you’re new to the area or have been seeing another gynecologist, it’s time that you met Dr. Wilburn, your women’s healthcare advocate.
There are a number of ways you can approach the new year. Here are five things you can do to improve your health in 2017:
- Start seeing your gynecologist regularly. Among the most important things to check off your list of things to do in 2017 is to find a gynecologist you’re comfortable working with. Lucky for you, Dr. Wilburn has a long history in the area. Her faith-based services put her patients at ease. Her non-judgmental approach to caring for and treating women is what people remember most.
- Eat a balanced diet. You’ll want to eat your fill of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean sources of protein, and whole grains. You’ll want to make sure that you limit your consumption of salt, sugar, and saturated fats.
- Move your body regularly. Find something you love to do and do it regularly. You’ll find it refreshing to wake up every morning and take a walk or do some yoga. Not only does it make your body look good, but it also makes it feel good, too. Exercise helps you fight diseases like hypertension and diabetes.
- Drink plenty of water. Water helps the body function optimally. It removes impurities from the skin, helps the organs flush out toxins, and even helps you feel full longer. Buy a water bottle that you can refill often and drink up whenever you have a chance to do so.
- Find ways to relieve stress. Do something you love to do that relaxes you. Stress is a part of everyday living, but it doesn’t mean that you have to let it get the best of you. Come up with a plan that allows you to combat it healthily.