When it comes to good health, women must change up their routine to meet each season’s change in weather and obligations. Summer is among the most important times of year to pay close attention to your body because your needs for hydration, rest, and good sexual health increase. Before you go on vacation this year, you should see Dr. Wilburn at Genesis Women’s Health Services for a thorough exam. By doing so, you identify any potential health problems that might exist in your body before they worsen.
Here are Five Ways that You can Take Good Care of Your Health in the Summer
- Protect your skin while outdoors. Wear sunscreen with a high enough SPF to protect you from UV rays. Make sure to wear a wide-brimmed hat to shield your face from the sun, too. It doesn’t matter if you go to the park, pool or beach, you’ll want to protect your skin.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day. This is especially important if you’re spending time outdoors. Carry a water bottle with you and drink from it often.
- Practice safe sex. If you’re going to have sexual intercourse with someone, always have protection on you. Carry it in your purse and take contraceptives if you want to prevent pregnancy.
- Take health precautions by making regular exams part of your self-care routine. How else will you know if there is a potential problem with your body if you don’t schedule regular gynecology appointments? Dr. Wilburn builds rapport with you, so you feel comfortable and confident in her ability to provide excellent care to you.
- Find stress-relieving activities that make you happy. Life presents plenty of challenges for people day after day. Find some healthy, stress-relievers to engage in. This helps you refocus your mind on the things that matter. It gives you a creative outlet to problem solve, play, and test new ideas. When you’re mentally strong, you’re better able to be physically strong.