If you’ve felt pangs of guilt over saying no to certain people or requests in your personal and professional lives, you may feel stressed. If your workload is more than one person can handle, you’ll start to display symptoms of being overwhelmed. If you’re sick more than you seem healthy, stress could very well be playing a role in how you feel.
How to Tell If Stress is Stealing Your Shine
Here are some signs that you are stressed:
- You’re irritable. You have a short fuse that seems to get shorter by the minute. You’re usually calm, but things seem to have really gotten to you lately.
- You cry a lot. The smallest things upset you. You can’t go anywhere without a package of tissue in your purse.
- You can’t think rationally. Things seem impossible to get over. When something upsets you, it feels like the end of the world.
- You intentionally avoid people. You have no tolerance for people. You only do what you have to do so you can avoid socializing as much as possible.
- You feel rundown and tired. You can’t seem to get enough sleep no matter what you do. When you fall down tired in the bed, you awake feeling unrefreshed and groggy.
Stress Doesn’t Have to Impact Your Life Negatively
If you feel as though stress is negatively impacting your life, there are many things you can do. The first is to contact Genesis Women’s Health Services to schedule an appointment for a routine exam or nutrition counseling. Your body may be feeling out of sorts which is why your stress level has increased in recent weeks. Alternatively, stress may be the very thing taxing your body and zapping your energy levels.