Before you have a hysterectomy, there are some things you should know. That’s why it’s important to prepare yourself mentally and physically for the surgery. Knowing what to expect when you have a hysterectomy done will help keep you in good health while you heal. It also gives you the mental fortitude needed to recover after a major surgery.
Here are five things you need to know about hysterectomies and Dr. Wilburn:
- She is board certified as a surgeon and has hospital privileges at Victor Valley Global Medical Center and St Mary Medical Center. That should tell you how respected Dr. Wilburn is. She takes good care of you before, during, and after a hysterectomy.
- She is skilled at using the da Vinci robotic surgical system. This cuts your surgery time in half. It also makes scars smaller because incisions are smaller.
- She does not judge but instead opts to create a plan of care that fits your needs. Dr. Wilburn’s faith-based practice and professional demeanor make her patients feel at ease during surgery. If you want a doctor that truly cares, she is the surgeon to have on board during your hysterectomy.
- You will need time to heal so plan to take it easy for a while. On average, it takes two to three weeks for the pain to subside following a hysterectomy. That doesn’t mean that your healing time won’t be shorter or that it won’t be longer.
- Hysterectomies are very common procedures. A reported 300 out of 100,000 women undergo the surgery. There are a number of reasons why a hysterectomy is performed, including uterine bleeding, cervical dysplasia, and endometriosis.
Genesis Women’s Health Services provides services to women in the Apple Valley, California area. Dr. Wilburn’s caring approach to treating women’s health issues is why people keep coming back to her year after year. If you haven’t yet had a chance to meet her and need a gynecologist whom you can trust, she’s the person to visit.