As with any other professional you first start going to or using their services, a trip to the gynecologist requires answers. By interviewing the gynecologist, you’re able to get a feel of how they handle their patients. You’re also able to get some background information when you know very little about the doctor and his or her practice.
There are some questions you’ll want to ask a gynecologist before deciding to use their services:
- How long have you’ve been practicing? This helps you understand how new to the field of gynecology the doctor is. It gives you an idea as to how long they’ve been in a community as well.
- What types of services do you offer? You can typically find this type of information on the gynecologist’s website. You’re always welcome to ask about specific services, too. For example, if you’re wanting to know if the doctor offers vaginal rejuvenation as a service, you can always ask.
- At what age do you start providing care to a patient? It’s important to get a feel for how the doctor operates. Does he or she provide care to adolescents? What about premenopausal or postmenopausal women? Will someone your age receive the type of care that you deserve? If you go to Genesis Women’s Health Services, you will.
- Do you have any testimonials I can read? Knowing how other patients feel about the gynecologist is important. It gives you an idea of how you’ll be treated. Hearing honest feedback from women who have gotten to know Dr. Wilburn by using her services helps you determine whether she is the right gynecologist for you.
- What do you do differently than other gynecologists? A gynecologist will answer this question honestly as he or she is an individual that has undergone many years of schooling and training to get to where he or she is at today. Dr. Wilburn will emphasize her faith-based practice and caring nature as things that set her apart.
Now that you know which questions to ask a gynecologist about their practice, you’re ready to set up an appointment so a thorough examination can be done. This allows you to know if there are any potential threats you have to deal with.