When it comes to health matters, you can never be too informed. That’s why you should take it upon yourself as a patient to ask questions about your health. Dr. Wilburn of Genesis Women’s Health Services will help you get comfortable with the idea of becoming an informed patient. After all, that’s how you prevent disease.
Here are some tips for becoming a more informed, responsible patient:
- Keep track of your symptoms. Record possible triggers and photograph proof if possible. This helps Dr. Wilburn look at the issue from all angles. She’ll be able to see the reaction even if it has gone away by the time of your appointment.
- Ask the right questions. Make sure that you use the time you have with Dr. Wilburn to your advantage. Ask questions, jot down notes, and ask for resources. This is your health we’re talking about, so you have a right to know everything.
- Request copies of your medical documents. Keep these in a safe location away from prying eyes. Make copies or scan a hard copy, so you’ll have it on file at all times. Keep this information up-to-date in the event someone else has to make a decision about your health for you.
- Don’t ignore an issue you’re having. It’s better to be wrong than to ignore a health problem that you’re experiencing. If you have a symptom that is persistent, you’ll want to make sure to get an appointment with Dr. Wilburn right away. You do not want it to worsen because you neglected to address it.
- Eat right and exercise. This seems like a no-brainer, but it really is hard for some people. If you have a busy schedule and seem to grab fast food opposed to fresh food, you’ll want to change your habits. Instead, look for options that are low calorie and nutrient dense. That way, you’ll get the vitamins and nutrients that your body needs to remain healthy and vibrant.
- Take charge of your health. You have options with Genesis Women’s Health Services. Dr. Wilburn treats each of her patients with utmost respect. She invites you to ask questions and take charge of your treatment plan.
You’re completely capable of taking good care of yourself going forward. With Dr. Wilburn by your side, you’ve got a skilled professional willing to help guide you on the path to good health. Just let her know what you’re doing so she can see how much progress you’re making.