Urinary incontinence isn’t something that’s spoken about often. That leads women in Apple Valley and Victorville to question why. After all, it’s a problem that many people face and something that a gynecologist speaks about and treats, right? If it’s a lot more common than people think, why should it be a big secret?
What Women Should Know About Urinary Incontinence
There are five different types of urinary incontinence that women experience. It’s important to know what kind you have so you can receive proper treatment to help remedy it. Urinary incontinence takes form in Stress Incontinence, Urge Incontinence, Overflow Incontinence, Functional Incontinence, and Mixed Incontinence.
Here’s how each affects you:
- Stress Incontinence. Occurs when you laugh, sneeze or cough due to pressure being exerted on your bladder.
- Urge Incontinence. Often caused by an infection, it causes you to feel an extreme urgency to use the bathroom followed by a loss of urine.
- Overflow Incontinence. Your bladder doesn’t empty entirely which is why you experience a flow of urine at any time without any warning.
- Functional Incontinence. Another condition prevents you from making it to the bathroom on time.
- Mixed Incontinence. You experience several conditions at once which is why you’re seeking treatment for urinary incontinence in the first place.
Treat your urinary incontinence with the help of Dr. Wilburn of Genesis Women’s Health Services. She’ll be able to take care of your needs quickly and discreetly. Urinary incontinence doesn’t have to get in the way of you enjoying your life. In fact, there are ways to take care of an overactive bladder. It’s something that your gynecologist can help control once she’s examined you.